Sunday 8 April 2018

I Finally Made It Here Again


I am welcoming myself after 3 years of running away from this blog. I used excuses such as Law School, life etc as reasons why I went AWOL. Anyway, I am back and I am rebranding. I have decided to bare my soul here, track my daily sojourn o this earth, experiences, life lessons, career paths and everything that has to do with me. I plan to update this space daily by God's grace.

Now to the story so far:

After university and while waiting for admission into the Nigerian Law School, I went to Lagos. While in Lagos, I discovered programming. I talked to my brother's friend then and now a friend and a subtle mentor(he does not know that anyway), I started this journey. I started learning how to code, spending night and day coding, not deterred by the ecliptic power supply and poor internet connectivity.  I had to be up every night to make use of MTN's daily night plan of 25 Naira. I used my family's dinning table as my work space. 

At that moment, I was studying really hard to get into Andela. that didn't happen though. Andela had this condition that you must have obtained your NYSC Discharge Certificate, but that was not all. My mother had this dream of being 'Mama lawyer' (dream accomplished *winks), we were trying to raise my Law School fees and not to disappoint her, I dropped the dream of working at Andela and started focusing on Law School.  This was 2016.
One of those nights in Classroom 72


New hair

Convocation party



Modelling

First Law School cocktail party

When you need to use that snapchat filter to model yaself

Birthday,, Yaaay!!!!!1

I eventually got into Law School and went through a mechanical year of reading, listening, lectures, listening, reading and reading again. I had to turn down social events, calls e.t.c. However, I attended a BOT party organized by Facebook Developer Crircle, Lagos( my friend Cent is a lead). It was my first Tech meet up and I went there without a laptop. I was lost doing the codelab session. I learnt an important lesson. Law Shool was interesting. I challenged myself academically, stuck with my timetable, avoided distractions and made it. Salute Effua F Esq( drum rolls pleaseeeeee!).

After Law School, I found myself a job as an intern at a Law Firm in Lagos. However, it was time to re-ignite the tech spirit in me. I attended tech events, discussions and meet ups. i started learning coding using freecodeCamp but shamefully(hides face), I ran away from completing the final project.

Anyway, I finally got myself into ALC 2.0 for the web beginners course. I started pretty late, had a couple of challenges and I don't think I am going to be able to complete the final project. I don't have a phone, no internet. I had to put myself in an AI(Artificial Intelligence) Hackathon I know nothing about just so I can use the Wifi. I am currently using it to update my blog.

Tomorrow is the start of another working week(sighs). I am going to tell you about the awesome people I met at Facebook Developer's Circle, my health scare this year, NYSC journey. 

We are being called for the final presentation. Wish my team luck..

Ciao, Hasta luego!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment